The Do's and Don'ts of Auto Transport
- Reference every company with WhichTransporter.com
- Ask about hidden fees such as cancellation or rescheduling.
- Ask if terminals or truck transfers will be involved. This increases transit time and the chance of damages occurring.
- Ask what the broker fee is. This can greatly affect your total price and the chances of a carrier inquiring about your vehicle.
- Pay an upfront deposit of any kind until you are assigned a specific carrier.
- Sign a contract until you've done your research.
- Shop by price alone. Instead, shop by reputation.
- Fall victim to brokers who pretend to be carriers or tell you only what you want to hear.